- A successful journey begins with a clear destination. The strategy meeting is a collaborative effort with the hiring authority to understand the vision of the department and how this role fits into their vision. We work with the hiring authority to define the priorities and characteristics needed for a position profile, the success factors for the role, and the marketing write-up that clearly states what makes the opportunity compelling.
- Stakeholders meetings provide time to engage the department’s faculty or staff to expand our understanding of the position and their department. This engagement develops a clear picture of their culture, future needs, and the qualities of the ideal candidate to ensure cultural fit.
- Key processes in the stakeholders meeting include a SWOT analysis, as well as a review of the strategic direction and the position profile.
Committee Charge Meeting
- The committee charge meeting establishes the expectations, responsibilities, and work to be performed by each member. Members review the Code of Conduct, complete required training such as unconscious bias and diversity training.
- We also review the job description, candidate characteristics, and strategic direction of the department during our time together.
- Sourcing and candidate screening is a vital part of our work. We collaborate with the hiring authority, search committee, and stakeholders to develop a targeted sourcing plan to connect with the right people and their network. During this process, we proactively and personally target prospective candidates through various sourcing methods tailored to fit each search. Diversity is a UAMS value and we support that by seeking to identify a diverse and highly qualified pool of candidates.
Facilitate process and interview
- Our professionals coordinate all interviews and travel logistics. We screen all candidates and provide relevant information for the committee’s review. Our team assists in developing customized interview guides for the search committee’s use and ensure candidate confidentiality.
Negotiate/Closure of Search
- Negotiations and closing are the final steps of all successful searches. Our work includes conversations with finalist candidates to identify needs and expectations. We work with the hiring authority to gain an understanding of the candidate’s salary and package expectations and assist with negotiations as needed. Reference checks, pre-employment screening, and personalized onboarding are also included in our suite of services. We also complete follow-ups with the new hire at 14, 30, and 60-day intervals to continue the sell, gain feedback and report any concerns to the hiring authority.
- The UAMS Executive Search Group maintains all required records for the search.